Welcome back to school! I have been very busy the last two weeks getting our classroom ready for second and third graders.I wanted to give you a few important dates, and the supply list for this year.
Dates:
Friday, August 24th: Class Lists Posted
Monday, August 27th from 4pm to 5:30 PM : Open House. Open house is a time where you can get a lot of the beginning of the year paperwork done, and you can drop off supplies to lighten the load on the first day. I would love to see everyone. Our classroom looks very different this year.
Thursday, August 30th: First Day of School!
Here is our class supply list:
All supplies will be combined and shared by the class. Please
do not label any items, except for your child’s backpack.
1 Backpack (Labeled with Child’s Name)
36 #2 Pencils (Ticonderoga Brand Preferred) (There was a typo, the original list said 72)
2 Boxes Colored Pencils (Crayola Preferred)
1 Box 10 Thin Markers (Crayola Preferred)
1 Box Crayons (Crayloa Preferred)
8 Glue Sticks
1 Package Pencil Top Erasers
4 Wide-Rule Composition Notebooks
2 spiral wide ruled notebooks
1 Each Two-Pocket Folders (1 Blue, 1 Red)
1 Ream White Printer Paper
1 Package 3x3 Post-It Notes
1 Bottle Hand Sanitizer (8 oz)
2 Box Facial Tissue
4 Dry Erase Markers-Low Odor or Staples Brand
GIRLS Sandwich sized Ziplock bags
BOYS Gallon size Ziplock Bags
$5.00 for Time for Kids (Exact change or check, please)
Optional Items to Donate
Household Surface Wipes (Optional)
Mr. Sketch Chart Markers (Optional)
1 IKEA white magazine box 5-pack (Flyt) Optional
I am looking forward to this year, and cannot wait to see everyone!
~Mrs. Walle
Thursday, August 23, 2012
A New School Year
Posted by Mrs. Walle at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was trying to figure out how does one second grader go through 72 pencils a year, :))) Is first day of school a full day 9:10-3:40?
Dylan is looking forward to seeing you and some of his friends on Monday!
Great question. Thursday and Friday this week are both full days. We will be in school from 9:10-3:40. Tell Dylan I am excited to see him too! See you Monday.
Post a Comment